Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Clean Eating Challenge ♥ Update ♥

Wow! So I am never allowed to do any more 30 day challenges on my blog because I am obviously not very good at keeping up with my posts. >.< Sorry about that!

On the other hand I most definitely have been keeping up with eating clean since I started the challenge. Things have been going pretty smooth, or should I say...clean! I don't feel like my body is bloated all of the time anymore, I've been sleeping more and better, and overall I feel healthier than I have ever been. I've even gave up drinking alcohol since it has a lot of sugar and calories.

I've allowed myself to have one "treat meal" once a week, where I can eat/drink anything I want and not feel guilty at all about it. I believe that helps me continue to eat clean without feeling deprived of the foods I love to eat.

One of the biggest things I've learned from eating clean is it's very important to have plenty of groceries at all times. I've attempted to eat clean lots of times before and it never worked out because I never bought enough groceries. I'd eat what I bought, which was very basic cheap groceries, and I'd still be hungry in between the meals I made for myself, which lacked the nutrition I needed. And almost all of the time that then resulted in me rushing to the nearest McDonald's and stuffing myself with chicken nuggets and french fries. Not good at all! Lesson learned!

Here are a few ideas of what I have been eating lately.


I've become addicted to making these no-cook, overnight refrigerated oatmeal breakfasts. I eat it almost everyday! It's so easy to make, isn't messy, and doesn't require a lot of time to make. There are so many different flavors and varieties to make so I don't get bored of eating. 
 

Toast with smashed avocado, tomato slices, salt, and pepper. A simple yet delicious meal! Sometimes if I am really hungry I'll add some black beans or other vegetable.


Spinach salad with hard boiled egg and bacon bits. The restaurant I work at has a spinach salad kind of similar to the one in this picture which I have been eating frequently. I don't mind having just a little bit of bacon. :p I also like to add tomatoes and pepperoncinis to the mix, and use a honey creole dressing.

;+;+;+;

Got any clean eating ideas of your own? Post in a comment! :]
 

No comments:

Post a Comment