Wednesday, June 11, 2014

A-Kon 25 - 2014

This past weekend was A-Kon 24 in Dallas, TX at the lovely Hilton Anatole! This was my fifth year to attend, and my third year staying at the hotel where it's hosted at. I feel a little bad I wasn't at all very social this year and didn't even get to meet up with some people I had made plans with, but nonetheless I still had a wonderful time. A-Kon to me is much more than an anime convention, it's also my vacation!

Last year A-Kon moved to a new venue, the Hilton Anatole. It was out-of-control craziness in almost every way! The parking sucked, the convention got way too crowded in certain areas such as the hallway to the artist alley and dealers room, and there were long lines everywhere. Luckily, this year those issues were solved and it was less stressful and more enjoyable. My only complaint for this year was the parking situation still sucked. The hotel parking is overpriced, and there were a lot of people who either got scammed or got their car towed.

Thursday afternoon my boyfriend, Alex, and I headed over to the Anatole to pick up our badges we had per-registered for. This process went by extremely smooth since we had donated $$$ a month ago to A-Kon's charity initiative. And because of that we got to skip the line completely! I loved this! Compared to last year when I waited in line for four hours. We were in and out of there in less than ten minutes. I am totally doing the same thing for next year if that option is available again.

I'd like to thank Tiffany for styling my wig!

I woke up early on Friday because I was so excited to get into my new cosplay for the first time. It took about two hours to fully transform into Chii. I took my time on getting ready since I did my makeup in a different style than usual, and had to untangle and style a very long wig. I loved cosplaying Chii! She's definitely the cutest character I've ever done, and it was so much fun.

Found a Freya! (Gosh I am so short! ;_;)

 Unfortunately I didn't get many photos this year since my cosplay kind of kept me from using it. But I did happen to snatch a picture of these awesome Pokemon cosplayers!

Alex and I shared our hotel room with our friends Judy and Bjarni. We all hung out and partied the whole weekend. I had a lot of fun spending time with them! Judy dressed up as Ed from Cowboy Bebop. :3

My loot! The dealers room and artist alley had so much awesome stuff. I'm glad I made a budget for myself or I would've gone crazy! My favorite purchase is the Sailor Moon Super S fannypack!

I also got myself an awesome unicorn kigurumi. I pretty much passed out after I took this picture. HAHA! It's so comfy!


I'm sure I am leaving out a lot of other stuff, but overall I had an awesome time and can't wait until next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment